COVID-19 Latest Updates
UPDATE 08/13/20 – The primary focus of our COVID-19 response remains the safety of our residents. We are encouraged by the recent proclamations from WA State Governor Inslee allowing limited visitation for nursing home and assisted living residents. This update will serve as guidance for those wishing to pursue visitation with a resident in our facility.
THESE CHANGES AFFECT OUR SKILLED NURSING AND ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES ONLY
Limited outdoor visitation by prescheduled appointment will be available beginning 8/14/20.
Appointments may be scheduled by calling the Health Unit Coordinator at: (360) 652-2613.
What to expect – The visitation policy of Warm Beach Senior Community meets or exceeds all recommendation and requirements of WA DOH / DSHS guidance. Visitors must be 12 years of age or older with an accompanying adult if under the age of 18, and no more than 2 visitors allowed at a time. Pets are not allowed during outdoor visits at this time.
Prior to visit:
- Visitors should communicate the need to cancel due to an exposure, being in close contact of a confirmed or probable case or having a pending test result for COVID-19. If you notice symptoms prior to visit, please do not come to the facility.
- Please use restrooms prior to your visit as no restrooms will be available to you.
- All visitors are screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and your temperature is taken. Anyone that is symptomatic or has a fever >99.0 will not be able to visit.
- Visitors and residents must wear a mask at all times and must use hand sanitizer before and after the visit.
- Sign an Outdoor Visitation Agreement and Acknowledgement form for each visit.
- All visits are supervised by a WBSC staff member. Please follow any direction or instructions given by the visit supervisor.
- You will be assigned a designated area for your visit. Please stay in this area until the visit is over.
- All visitors and residents must be able to wear a provided mask throughout the entirety of their visit.
- Please do not embrace your loved one, this includes no hugging, kissing, or pats on the back, etc.
- Please refrain from touching your face, nose or mouth during your visit.
- There will be no food or drink allowed during your visit.
- All visits are limited to 45 minutes and scheduled on the hour. (The extra time between appointments allows the visit supervisor time to disinfect the seating areas prior to the next visit.)
Washington State Safe Start for Long-Term Care Facilities:
The state has adopted a phased approach to the normalization of visitation for long-term care facilities within Washington. Presently we are in Phase 1 of the four defined phases based on current virus data for Snohomish County. As of this date, the case rate in the county is 81.3 cases/100,000
Warm Beach Healthcare Center will utilize COVID 19 Risk Assessment Dashboard to determine the county metric and Safe Start Phase
- Phase 1 >75 cases/100,000 population for two weeks.
- Phase 2 25-75 cases/100,000 population for two weeks.
- Phase 3 10-25 cases/ 100,000 population for two weeks
- Phase 4 < 10 cases/100,000 population for two weeks.
In order to transition beyond Phase 1 all of the following criteria must be met:
- 28 days have passed since the last positive or suspected resident/client or staff case was identified in the facility OR any timeline required by the Local Health Jurisdiction (LHJ), whichever is greater;
- Adequate staffing levels are in place;
- The facility performs and maintains an inventory of PPE to assure at least a 14-day supply;
- The facility performs and maintains an inventory of disinfection and cleaning supplies for residents and clients;
- There is assurance by the LHJ that local hospital(s) have the capacity to accept referrals/transfers;
- The facility is capable of cohorting residents with dedicated staff in the case of suspected or positive cases OR is able to transfer positive cases to a COVID-19 positive facility for care and recovery OR in the case of small facilities, there is a plan in place for managing both positive and negative cases while mitigating the spread of infection
UPDATE 03/14/20: Effective immediately all visitation to Warm Beach Healthcare Center and Cedar Court has been cancelled.
While we understand this will be burdensome for family and loved ones, we have instituted these restrictions in full compliance with a Federal Government directive from CMS issued March 13, 2020. As always, our primary concern is for the health and safety of our residents.
The directive includes a Compassionate Care exclusion which specifically applies to any resident facing an end-of-life situation. In the event you believe this exclusion may apply to your situation, please phone the Healthcare Center in advance to discuss scheduling and logistics of your visit.
Thank you for joining with us to keep our residents safe from harm.
COVID-19 News: We at WBSC stand with all of our sister healthcare providers during this Coronavirus challenge. For those affected in the community at large, please know that our hearts and prayers are with you as we move through this together.
- All scheduled group events which include the general public (non-residents) have been cancelled until further notice.
- As such our Beachwood Sunday Church services are cancelled until further notice.
- We will make available online a prerecorded weekly Sunday message to view or download.
We thank you for your cooperation.
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."