What Missional Senior Living looks like at Warm Beach
As a faith-based not-for-profit organization we seek to provide more than just a financial safety net for low-income retirees and seniors: we want to empower them to live purpose-filled lives in sustainable community. We've come to understand that part of living in a sustainable community means helping each other find answers to these shared questions:
- How can we discover our passion and live a purpose-filled life as we age?
- How can we form meaningful relationships and build a community of support around us as we age?
- How can we sustain our physical, emotional and spiritual health as we age?
- How can we best steward our financial resources to meet our future needs?
Empowering our residents and program participants to discover their own answers to these core questions guides our life enrichment, community volunteer and benevolence assistance programs. We invite you to join us (regardless of your biological age) in discovering and living out your Missional Senior Life by becoming involved at Warm Beach. It is only through generous gifts of time and finances made by volunteers and donors that our impact is made possible.
Missional Senior Living means helping neighbors in need.
- 48% of Skilled Nursing residents are on Medicaid which reimburses just 70% of our daily cost to provide their care.
- 40% of Assisted Living residents are on Medicaid which reimburses just 50% of our daily cost to provide their care.
- 51% of Retirement Village residents are low-income and currently 13% receive monthly benevolent rent assistance. We believe the need is greater and we are working to help more to apply for aid.
In addition to providing benevolent care through Rent, Living Essentials and Medicaid Care we also meet community needs through the following programs, events and activities:
Educational, Wellness and Advocacy programs: Low or no-cost Health & Wellness classes, Healthcare worker & Caregiver panel discussions, AARP Driving Classes, Virtual Dementia Tours, Estate Planning Basics and more are offered.
Transportation: Doctor's Appointments, Shopping Trips, Activity outings and uncompensated use of our buses to other local non-profit organizations.
Social Engagement: Resident driven activities and community events, Community Concerts, Rotary Parade participation, Community Garden boxes, Christmas Bazaar, Operation Christmas Child and more.
Thrift Store: High quality, low-cost clothing, furniture and other reusable household items which reduce landfill use and enhance the livability and sustainability of our neighborhoods.
a few mission impact numbers from last year
14,900 volunteer hours were given to our community last year
$68,945 in transportation assistance provided at no cost
324 bible study, prayer and support groups held last year
265 fitness, health, wellness and life skills classes offered at no cost last year
139 free community wide social events and activities held last year